KILLED BY BREATH: Lemmy from Motörhead greets Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx backstage in Adelaide, Australia in 2005.
Paul Miles is an Australian freelance rock photographer specialising in live music photography, who captures the true spirit of rock'n'roll in action by many of the world's greatest performers.
Since 2009, he has shot a vast array of rock music photography: from gigs in world-famous clubs like the Apollo in Harlem and the Whisky a Go Go in Hollywood, to iconic arenas like New York City's Madison Square Garden and Australia's MCG, as well as retail stores Barnes & Noble, Apple, and John Varvatos CBGBs.
He has covered rock shows on assignment from Brooklyn to Bangalore, Paris to Las Vegas, Tokyo to Los Angeles, including street concerts in Melbourne's AC/DC Lane and Manhattan's Times Square. Paul's photos have been published in online media like Time Out Beijing and in print magazines like Germany's Rock Hard, and a book of his backstage rock photography in New York City called Before I Hit the Stage has been published.
Music fans can browse and buy thousands of his hard rock, punk and heavy metal images in the galleries listed below from Rockshots.Paul-Miles.com.
If you're looking for a rock photographer based in Melbourne, Australia for an upcoming live rock concert, gig, festival, promo event, or press conference, reach out to advise your rock photography assignment needs.
1. Quality photos as content for rock band socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to build profile and fan engagement.
2. Artist photos for use on DSP streaming platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Deezer, YouTube artist channel header, etc.
3. Press kit photos in EPKs for targeting music industry contacts like booking agents, promoters, and publicists, plus PR publications & media like magazines, online zines & blogs, newspapers, etc.
4. Promo photos for rock-and-roll band websites.
5. Professional photos for band merch / merchandise artwork designs.
6. Concert photos for live gig reviews and gallery features to help sell more tickets to upcoming shows.
7. Images for album artwork when releasing new music products like vinyl, CDs, digital single covers, or music DVDs, whether independent or on a record label.
8. Music press conference event photos that promote an international tour, product launch, book release, store opening, artist collaboration, etc.
9. Publicity photos from Media Call events for musical theatre opening nights and red carpet events like music awards.
10. Music festival event coverage.
If you need any of the above, contact Paul Miles now.